Drinking warm water is a good idea, but it won’t protect your house from spider bites, a research team from The University of Queensland has found.

Key points:A study found that people drinking tap water from a bottle containing tap water was more likely to be bitten than those drinking bottled waterSource: The University, QueenslandUniversity of Queensland researchers have discovered that people who drink tap water are more likely than those who drink bottled water to be infected with spider biteA team of Australian scientists conducted a series of experiments in Queensland to determine the best way to protect people who are likely to get spider bites from drinking tap or bottled water.

The researchers found that tap water contained a much higher proportion of spider-safe ingredients than bottled water, with the majority of the ingredients found in tap water coming from the bacteria known as Pseudomonas aeruginosa.

The research team then looked at a variety of household items that could potentially be used to make the tap water safer.

They found that in most cases, people who were drinking tap and bottled water were more likely, when compared to those who were not, to be exposed to spider bites.

The study also found that the more ingredients a person was exposed to, the higher the risk of becoming bitten.

Dr Susan MacKay from The Australian National University’s School of Medicine and Public Health said the findings indicated that tap-water consumption is a safe option for preventing spider bites.

“The results of this study suggest that tap tap tap, bottled tap, tap tap,” she said.

“We recommend people drink tap tap water, bottled water and filtered water.

The best thing for people to do is to ensure that they are drinking tap tap.”

The researchers are now looking at how other household items could be used, including kitchen utensils, dishwashing detergents, household chemicals and soaps.

Dr MacKay said while the study didn’t look at all of the products people could use to make tap water safe, they were already using products that can help protect their homes from spider bite.

“In general, there is a greater risk of getting spider bites if you have a lot of household chemicals, because the bacteria living in our bodies can live longer in these things,” she told ABC Brisbane.

“Some of those chemicals can be dangerous if they’re not taken very, very carefully, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.”

She said she was surprised at how many household chemicals people were using.

“I think it’s just fantastic to see that people are starting to take this seriously and are making decisions about how they’re going to use their household products,” she added.

Dr McKay said the best advice she could give people about using household products was to use them sparingly.

“Just because you use a lot does not mean you have to use it, it’s really important that you are very careful, very cautious, and just use your best judgement when you use it,” she explained.

“There are things that people can do to prevent spider bites that are not so effective if you do use them.”

The study was published in the journal BMC Infectious Diseases.